Deadline: Friday 11 December 2015.
Copied from the website (http://www.poetrybooks.co.uk/projects/15/):
The Poetry Book Society and emagazine invite students to step into the judges’ and poets’ shoes by writing a critical piece or a poem of their own in response to the work on the shortlist.
A chance for students to:
- Win £100, meet poets and be published
- Boost their CV or university statement
- Read the very best contemporary poetry
- Develop critical skills and confidence in reading poetry for pleasure
For the first time, this year, there are two choices of response:
A 500 word critical piece on the 2 poems by your chosen poet, reflecting on what you particularly liked about them and why you think they should win.
A poem of your own, ‘writing back’ to one of the poems you found particularly interesting. Your poem might take the same title, or use aspects of the form of the poem, or explore the same subject matter, or argue back with a view or angle that challenges or subverts ideas in the original.
How to apply
1. From Tuesday 3rd November 2015 – go to www.englishandmedia.co.uk/e-magazine, read the competition instructions and rules and follow the link to download the 20 poems.
2. Choose your poet and decide whether to write a critical piece or a poem as a response.
3. Get your entry in by Friday 11th December 2015.
Your comment made my day – thanks so much! Yes, please do add a link on your blog. I’m so glad you find this helpful 😃