The John Byrne Award is an online monthly and annual award. Entrants must be over 16 and living or studying in Scotland. See full details.
Copied from website:
- Applicants must be under the age of 30 on 31 March 2020
- Applicants must be a British National, or resident in Great Britain and Northern Ireland of the Commonwealth for three years prior to the date of submission for the award
- Submissions must be in English
- Submissions may be a published or unpublished volume of poetry, drama-poems or belles-lettres
- Submissions must be no more than 30 poems
- Deadline is 31 October 2019.
- Enter here.
Poetry Together is a new competition for pairs of poets – one under 18, and one over 18. The competition is a collaboration between Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester Children’s Book Festival and The Red Cross, under the directorship of Poet Laureate, Carol Ann Duffy. Poetry Together aims to highlight the potential loneliness of the elderly, whilst emphasising the important work of The Red Cross. The closing date is 29 April 2016. The winning duo will win £250 each. More information here.